27 July 2007

Ice Nine: VERNADSKY STATION

Finally.
Two months to the day, I've finally got this video put together. The goodwill trip from Palmer Station to the Ukrainian station Vernadsky. I have few skills of video composition or editing, the beauty and/or pain of which was doubly compounded considering that I:

A: Borrowed a friend's video camera. (Technical difficulties. Upload was horrific.)

B: Asked Dave Wiemer to be my cinematographer. (He's got a good eye, and he's a great actor. He was supposed to be in my movie SAFETY SLAPDOWN: A Rage of Safety, but he's in Alaska now, manicuring his property in preparation for Sara's arrival and their eventual wedding. I'd better get an invite Weimermuns!).

C: Thought about the context of the trip and actually wrote a speech for it. Which got translated into Ukrainian.

This video is not for everyone.

However, it is BENEFICIAL FOR ALL MANKIND.





As is this:









And this. Part II of the Vernadsky Trip. Teh Race to the Laurence M. Gould:

No comments: